The International Working Group (IWG) on Women and Sport has a Strategic Plan for each quadrennial period.
Download the IWG Strategic Plan 2018-2022 FINAL.
A sustainable sporting culture based on gender equality that enables and values the full involvement of girls and women in every aspect of sport and physical activity.
Empowering women and girls – Advancing Sport
The mission is accomplished through the action and influence of the IWG as a catalyst, engaging governmental and non-governmental organisations and individuals for the advancement and empowerment of women and sport globally.
- We place importance on international collaboration, enabling us to achieve our vision through consultation with stakeholders and incorporate their feedback into our decision-making.
- We value diversity through the provision of equal opportunity, voice, and choice for all people regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- We are transparent and accountable in all our operations and decision-making processes including management and governance.
4. Outcomes focussed
- Recognising the importance of appropriate processes, we aim to achieve measurable outcomes in keeping with our mission and vision.
Use the power of sport and physical activity to drive positive social change for women and girls and improve their health and wellbeing.
1. Leadership & Advocacy
- Influence gender equity agenda.
- Visit Programmes to find out more.
2. Capability & Knowledge
- Facilitate positive behavioral change.
- Click through to the IWG Hub.
3. Value & Visibility
- Leading advocate for women and girls.
- Learn about our Advocacy Campaigns.
4. Connections & Engagement
- Support an empowered global network.
- Find out about the IWG Global Network.
5. 8th IWG World Conference
- Deliver the 8th IWG World Conference event
- Plan your trip to Auckland, New Zealand in 2022
IMPACT & LEGACIES:
- IWG: Position IWG as a connected, innovative and relevant catalyst for global change.
- New Zealand & Oceania: Play key role in sustainable change for women and girls in sport and physical activity.