The International Working Group (IWG) on Women and Sport is governed by the IWG Global Executive, an international board currently made up of 13 positions.
Current Members 2018 – 2022
For the current quadrennial period, representatives include members from New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Botswana, Japan, USA, Canada, Finland, Venezuela, Switzerland, Norway, Zambia and Mali. All are considered to be renowned experts in the field of gender equity in sport and physical activity, plus diversity and inclusion. They represent governance, leadership and administration, academia and global consultancy.
By statute, the organisational structure of the IWG Global Executive is:
- Raewyn Lovett, ONZM: representing the current IWG New Zealand Secretariat 2018 – 2022
- Ruth Maphorisa: representing the former IWG Botswana Secretariat 2014 – 2018
Two NGO Representatives
- Dr Rosa López de D’Amico: representing the International Association of Physical Education for Girls & Women (IAPESGW)
- Diane Huffman: representing WomenSport International (WSI)
Five Regional Representatives
- Matilda Mwaba (Africa)
- Karen Morrison (Americas)
- Dr. Etsuko Ogasawara Ph.D (Asia)
- Niina Toroi (Europe)
- Emma Waiwai (Oceania)
Four Co-Opted Experts
- Lilamani De Soysa (international sport relations and development)
- Game Mothibi (former IWG Secretary General 2014 – 2018)
- Fiona Allan, ONZM (global Paralympic Movement)
- Dienebou Sanogo (Conference for Francophonie Sports and Youth Ministries – CONFEJES)
Meet our Current Members 2018 – 2022.
Former Members 1994 – 2018
The IWG Global Executive has always attracted an exceptional group of international leaders across gender equity in sport and physical activity.
Shortly we will be uploading information about our Former Members 1994 – 2018.