The International Working Group (IWG) on Women & Sport is governed by the IWG Global Executive, an international board currently made up of 12 positions.
Current Members 2022 – 2026
For the current quadrennial period, representatives include members from the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Botswana, Japan, Austria, Canada, Costa Rica, the Republic of Palau, Switzerland, and Cameroon. All are considered to be renowned experts in the field of gender equity in sport and physical activity, plus diversity and inclusion. They represent governance, leadership and administration, academia and global consultancy.
By statute, the organisational structure of the IWG Global Executive is:
- Annamarie Phelps CBE OLY: representing the current IWG United Kingdom Secretariat 2022 – 2026
- Raewyn Lovett, ONZM: representing the previous IWG New Zealand Secretariat 2018 – 2022
Two NGO Representatives
- Rosa Diketmüller: representing the International Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women (IASPEGW)
- Diane Huffman: representing WomenSport International (WSI)
Five Regional Representatives
- Game Mothibi (Africa)
- Dr. Rosaura Méndez Gamboa (Americas)
- Dr. Etsuko Ogasawara Ph.D (Asia)
- Sallie Barker (Europe)
- Carolyn Ngiraidis (Oceania)
Three Co-Opted Experts
- Lilamani De Soysa (international sport relations and development)
- Fiona Allan, ONZM (global Paralympic Movement)
- Louisette-Renée THOBI ETAME NDEDI (Conference for Francophonie Sports and Youth Ministries – CONFEJES)
Meet our Current Members.
Former Members 1994 – 2022
The IWG Global Executive has always attracted an exceptional group of international leaders across gender equity in sport and physical activity.
Shortly we will be uploading information about our Former Members 1994 – 2022.