Secretary General, International Working Group (IWG) on Women and Sport Secretariat & Conference 2018 – 2022
Chief Executive Officer, Women in Sport Aotearoa New Zealand
Appointed IWG Secretary General and Chief Executive of its delivery agent in September 2018, Rachel brings considerable global experience to the dual role.
A senior commercial communications strategist, over the past 18 years Rachel has collaborated with numerous international sporting bodies, including FIFA, FIA and World Rugby, as well as working extensively with many high-profile global brands and rights holders across in Formula 1 and other motorsports, football, rugby and Paralympic sport. Major clients have included Allianz (Mercedes F1; FC Bayern Munich), Shell (Ferrari F1 and Ducati MotoGP), NTT DoCoMo (Renault F1) and Ford (Champions League). Rachel also has extensive experience in grassroots communications and in the charity/CSR sector.
As IWG Secretary General, Rachel’s key responsibilities include coordinating:
- Development, management and implementation of the IWG Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022
- Delivery of the 8th IWG World Conference, Auckland 2022 – the world’s largest gathering of experts on gender equity in sport and physical activity
- Relationship management with global governmental/non-governmental agencies and organisations (Ie. UN Women, UNESCO, WHO)
- Promoting and monitoring the IWG Brighton plus Helsinki Declaration and adding value to the work of the global Signatories – currently over 550+
- Responsibility for management of all IWG external and internal affairs, globally
- Day-to-day support for the IWG Global Executive and IWG Global Network
As CEO of Women in Sport Aotearoa New Zealand, Rachel is responsible for delivering all aspects of its Strategic Plan and for generating income to support.
Rachel was most recently Commercial & Marketing Director for the New Zealand Paralympic Committee (Paralympics New Zealand) on both a global and local level. She led the team that developed a number of long-term partnerships with Toyota (contract – Japan), ACC, Cadbury (contract – Australia), Harvey Norman (contract – Australia), Visa (Contract – Singapore), Sanford and Tower Insurance. Rachel’s team won the 2017 New Zealand Sport & Recreation Award for Commercial Partnerships excellence and the 2016 New Zealand Not-for-Profit Marketing Award in recognition of its very successful Rio 2016 programme.
Rachel can be contacted on:
M: +64 (0) 27 546 5836