Secretary General, International Working Group (IWG) on Women and Sport Secretariat & Conference 2022 – 2026
A former international sportswoman, Lisa is a passionate advocate for women’s sport with over 15 years Senior Leadership experience in the sport and physical activity sector.
She previously worked at Sport England where she held several roles including Executive Director of Sport and latterly Executive Director of Insight. Achievements include redesigning Sport England’s approach to investing in National Governing Bodies of Sport, and the creation of the award-winning Insight Directorate at Sport England putting data, insight & learning at the heart of the business, and a catalyst for innovative work such as the globally recognised This Girl Can campaign.
As Secretary General of IWG Women & Sport, Lisa has responsibility for leading the Secretariat of IWG whilst hosted in the United Kingdom through to September 2026.
- Development, management and implementation of the IWG Strategic Plan 2022 – 2026
- Delivery of the 9th IWG World Conference, Birmingham 2026 – the world’s largest gathering of experts on gender equity in sport and physical activity
- Relationship management with global governmental/non-governmental agencies and organisations (Ie. UN Women, UNESCO, WHO)
- Promoting and monitoring the IWG Brighton plus Helsinki 2014 Declaration and adding value to the work of the global Signatories – currently nearly 600
- Responsibility for management of all IWG external and internal affairs, globally, including overnight of research programmes and the Insight Hub
- Day-to-day support for the IWG Global Executive and IWG Global Network
Lisa can be contacted on:
Read about her appointment here.