IWG calls out for contributions from all over the world, with 100+ insights targeted by Christmas.
The International Working Group (IWG) on Women & Sport has today launched a world first digital platform, designed to empower and advance gender equity and equality for women and girls in sport and physical activity worldwide.
ال IWG Insight Hub presents an interactive collection of research, case studies, toolkits, news and video and audio content contributed from all over the IWG global network, including from Signatories to the برايتون بلس هلسنكي 2014 إعلان عن المرأة والرياضة. It also celebrates the exceptional work of a range of global Insight Partners.
The need for a global resource of this kind was identified due to a recognition that there were hundreds – if not thousands – of great stories of great work out there; stories of change that deserved to be shared globally to inspire more change. The need to advance gender equity and equality in sport and physical activity has been accelerated by the impacts of COVID-19. For many countries, sport and physical activity for women and girls remains disproportionately affected by the effects of the global pandemic. Positive intervention is needed to protect the growing momentum around women’s sport at a time where resources and funding is being challenged across the board. The IWG Insight Hub is one of the key tools being built globally in response to this challenge.
All content on the platform is free to access and is user generated. It is intended to inspire and support individuals and organisations in their own work globally. 30+ insights are already loaded, with an ambition to reach 100+ by Christmas.
Visit the new IWG Insight Hub here!
The IWG Insight Hub was unveiled to 600+ participants attending the annual Sport NZ Women + Girls Summit in Aotearoa New Zealand this afternoon. IWG Secretary General, Rachel Froggatt, showcased the platform, explaining its origins, its purpose, and the key features of the platform. You can watch her short launch presentation here (10mins):
She commented: “The IWG Insight Hub has been nearly three years in the dreaming and almost a year in the making, and it’s a key milestone on the journey toward and beyond the 8عشر IWG World Conference on Women & Sport next May.
“We know there are thousands of people delivering positive change for women and girls worldwide, but their stories remain untold. IWG believes that by sharing these stories of change, we can help inspire more change in the future.
“We see a world where great work is shared and celebrated, no matter the size of your organisation, your resources or your programme. A world where ingenuity, imagination, and an unwavering commitment to creating change that inspires will lead to a global community of action that is unified in its momentum. We can help each other forward.
“We are calling out now for insight contributions, with aim of reaching 100+ insights by Christmas. Sign-up now through a simple form, then tell us all your stories. We will share these across the globe, because you deserve to be heard!”
The IWG Insight Hub has been designed and built by the IWG New Zealand Secretariat in partnership with two fantastic agencies, Gravitate و بوب هو عمك. With the support of the IWG Global Executive و ال incoming IWG UK Secretariat taking over in October 2022, this platform will become New Zealand’s global legacy from hosting the IWG Secretariat & World Conference 2018 – 2022. It will be a global resource to support change for years to come.
In November 2021, a Women in Sport Aotearoa (WISPA) Insight Hub, based on the same technology, will also be launched. The WISPA Hub will focus on showcasing great mahi in Aotearoa New Zealand and the Pacific region.
Key features on the IWG Insight Hub include:
- A translation plug in that will present all content in English, Spanish and French from the outset.
- A bank of research, case studies, toolkits, news and personal stories of the great work inspiring change for women and girls globally, contributed by community members and Insight Partners from all over the world. Every community member, and their organisation, is recognised and celebrated for their work.
- A world-class “instant search” function, allowing users to find content that best suits their individual needs. Users can search by activity, region and content type, along with the same five themes and the seven lenses being used to construct the 8عشر IWG World Conference on Women & Sport in 2022.
- Functionality that allows users to save, print, download and share content they like amongst their own networks, and also connect and engage with contributors and the organisations they represent.
- An intuitive form where contributors can submit content for review and publication. User generated content will be the basis of the IWG Insight Hub: it features real stories from real people, worldwide.
- An events page to promote physical and digital events worldwide, staged by community members. This will enable the community to engage with the best and most up-to-date speakers and thinking.
- A section featuring content from the IWG Leadership itself, including recordings of all speakers, sessions and other content presented at the 8عشر IWG World Conference on Women & Sport.
Visit the new IWG Insight Hub here!
The IWG Insight Hub supports the journey toward and beyond the 8عشر IWG World Conference on Women & Sport, taking place 5-8 May 2022 in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland and Online. For the first time in its 28-year history, the IWG World Conference will take place as a virtual, or a physical-virtual hybrid. Two registration types are already available:
- ال ‘Inspire Pass’ offers an outstanding virtual experience accessible from almost anywhere in the world via a world-class online conferencing system. This Pass offers live content, international speakers and storytellers, and interactivity to support collaboration and networking with colleagues across borders.
- ال ‘InspirePLUS Pass’ offers the best of both worlds. It will give participants access to a full hybrid experience, seamlessly weaving together content delivered in-person, with that delivered virtually. It will also connect in-person attendees in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland, with online attendees globally.
Find out more information and register for the 8عشر IWG World Conference on Women & Sport هنا.