los Ejecutivo Global IWG of the International Working Group (IWG) on Women & Sport will gather by video on Tuesday 9 June 2020 for the IWG Annual General Meeting 2020.
The AGM is the second one led by IWG New Zealand (Mujeres en el deporte Aotearoa), since New Zealand took over as host nation for the IWG Secretariat & Conference 2018 – 2022 in October 2018.
All 13 members of the Ejecutivo Global IWG are expected to attend the meeting, including:
- Raewyn Lovett, IWG Co-Chair – New Zealand
- Ruth Maphorisa, IWG Co-Chair – Botswana
- Rosa López de D’Amico, International Association of Physical Education for Girls & Women (IAPESGW) Representative
- Diane Huffman, Representante de WomenSport International (WSI)
- Matilda Mwaba, representante de África
- Karen Morrison, Representante de las Américas
- Etsuko Ogasawara, representante de Asia
- Niina Toroi, Representante de Europa
- Emma Waiwai, representante de Oceanía
- Lilamani de Soysa, experto cooptado
- Juego Mothibi, experto cooptado
- Fiona Allan, Co-Opted Expert
- Dienebou Sanogo, Co-Opted Expert
los IWG Secretario General will also attend and present.
The main agenda points include reports on gender equity work globally from all Regional Representatives (Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania) along with NGO and Co-Opted Members.
IWG New Zealand’s will present its most up-to-date planning for the Conferencia Mundial IWG 2022, and give an update on on other key programmes including the Brighton plus Helsinki 2014 Declaración sobre la mujer y el deporte.
A discussion around the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 is also planned.