le IWG Global Executive of the International Working Group (IWG) on Women & Sport will gather by video on Tuesday 9 June 2020 for the IWG Annual General Meeting 2020.
The AGM is the second one led by IWG New Zealand (Les femmes dans le sport Aotearoa), since New Zealand took over as host nation for the IWG Secretariat & Conference 2018 – 2022 in October 2018.
All 13 members of the IWG Global Executive are expected to attend the meeting, including:
- Raewyn Lovett, IWG Co-Chair – New Zealand
- Ruth Maphorisa, IWG Co-Chair – Botswana
- Rosa López de D’Amico, International Association of Physical Education for Girls & Women (IAPESGW) Representative
- Diane Huffman, représentante de WomenSport International (WSI)
- Matilda Mwaba, représentante de l'Afrique
- Karen Morrison, représentante des Amériques
- Etsuko Ogasawara, représentant de l'Asie
- Niina Toroi, Représentante Europe
- Emma Waiwai, représentante de l'Océanie
- Lilamani de Soysa, expert en matière de cooptation
- Game Mothibi, expert coopté
- Fiona Allan, Co-Opted Expert
- Dienebou Sanogo, Co-Opted Expert
le Secrétaire général du GTI will also attend and present.
The main agenda points include reports on gender equity work globally from all Regional Representatives (Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania) along with NGO and Co-Opted Members.
IWG New Zealand’s will present its most up-to-date planning for the Conférence mondiale IWG 2022, and give an update on on other key programmes including the Brighton plus Helsinki 2014 Déclaration sur la femme et le sport.
A discussion around the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 is also planned.