Sign-up now to join our session on 24 March 2021, from 3:00 PM EST (New York)!
|Title:||“Collaboration builds sport’s contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG): Empowerment and Education”|
|Date:||Wednesday, 24 March 2021|
|Time:||3:00 – 5:00 PM EST (New York)|
This year, a global coalition of women’s sport advocacy organisations will present together LIVE ONLINE during the UN Commission on the Status of Women 2021 (UN CSW65) NGO Forum.
The seminar, entitled “Collaboration builds sport’s contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG): Empowerment and Education”, will take place on Wednesday 24 March 2021, 3:00 PM EST (New York). It was accepted for presentation within the NGO Forum at CSW65 in 2021, which is taking place as a primarily digital event between 14–26 March 2021 due to COVID-19.
This is your chance to engage with world leading speakers! Tune in to hear –
- Dr Carole Oglesby Ph.D – advocate and former President of WomenSport International (WSI); former Women’s Sports Foundation (WSF)Trustee and former Co-Chair of the International Working Group (IWG) on Women & Sport – live from the USA
- Game Mothibi – Secretary General of the International Working Group (IWG) on Women & Sport Secretariat & World Conference 2014 – 2018 (Botswana) – live from Japan
- Karen Issokson-Silver – Vice President, Research & Education, the Women’s Sports Foundation (WSF) – live from the USA
- Dr. Carol Ewing Garber Ph.D – Professor of Biobehavioural Sciences at Colombia University, and Trustee of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – live from the USA
- Dr. Kari Fasting Ph.D, Past President – WomenSport International (WSI) – live from Norway
- Diane Huffman, President – WomenSport International (WSI) – live from Canada
- Dr Rosa López de D’Amico Ph.D, President – the International Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women (IAPESGW) – live from Venezuela
- Rachel Froggatt, Secretary General, the International Working Group (IWG) on Women & Sport Secretariat & World Conference 2018 – 2022 – live from New Zealand
The session will be officially opened and closed by Dr. Carole Oglesby and will will be moderated by Game Mothibi.
You will learn about the work integrating global women’s sport advocacy with the UN SDGs –
Through specific language in the Beijing Platform for Action, international women’s sport advocacy first linked to UN action on behalf of women. This programme will trace landmark advocacy advances since 1995, current areas of emphasis and future challenges seen through collaborative results of organisations emphasising women’s empowerment, education and equality through sport.
Attention will focus on milestones of women scientists, leaders, and advocates on the practice of sport for all, exercise medicine, physical education/activity, and dance and resultant policy changes, community engagement and prevention of violence in sport. All will be consolidated at the 8th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport, online and live in Auckland, New Zealand, 5-8 May 2022.
You can sign-up now and join in the conversation! Find out more –
UN CSW65 is being delivered online in 2021 via a platform called ‘Pathable’. This platform will allow our speakers to beam in from all corners of the world and allow you to watch them live and engage in conversation with them via the moderated chat function. Make sure you join in the conversation! To attend our event, you must be registered. We advise you do it early so you can test the settings.
** SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT **
All of us are delighted to also be supporting and promoting a second session at UN CSW65 this year, hosted by our friends at the Women’s Sports Foundation (WSF). Make sure you sign-up to this too!
|Title:||“Girls in Sport: Chasing Equity and Fulfilling the PFA’s Promise”|
|Date:||Tuesday 16 March 2021|
|Time:||3:30 – 5:30 PM EST (New York)|
|Description:||Access to sport is a fundamental human right. Far too often girls are left on the sidelines, missing out on the incredible health, education, and leadership benefits sport provides. Learn practical tactics and ideas from experts working to advance opportunities for women and girls in sport across the globe. Speakers will provide insight into best practices for recruiting and retaining marginalized girls in sport, mitigating gender role beliefs and addressing unique health factors facing girls.|
You can follow the same guidance to find and register for this session. Find out more!