NOTE: The application window for this tender has now closed.
IWG Women & Sport is looking to appoint a Conference Project Consultant (over a 3 month period) to develop an Event and Creative Brief for the 9th IWG Women & Sport World Conference on Women & Sport at the ICC, Birmingham, 9-12 July 2026
- Closing Date: Midday (GMT) 18 September 2023
- Award Contract: 29 September 2023
- Contract End: 5 December 2023
- Contract Value: Up to £12,000 including all expenses (excluding VAT)
Founded 30 years ago, the International Working Group (IWG) on Women & Sport is the
world’s largest network dedicated to advancing gender equality in sport and physical activity.
The Secretariat is being hosted by the UK from 2022-2026, culminating in the 9th IWG World Conference on Women & Sport at the International Convention Centre, Birmingham in 2026.
- Event: 9th IWG World Conference on Women & Sport
- Date: Thursday 9 – Sunday 12 July 2026
- Venue: ICC, Birmingham
- Scale: c.1500 delegates
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced project consultant/consultancy to:
- Create an event brief clearly setting out the target audiences and primary and
secondary objectives of the 9th World Conference.
- Build a bottom-up budget presented in excel along with all detailed assumptions
(costs and revenue) sitting behind the budget, with options for uplift items subject to funding.
- In line with the vision and strategic objectives of the IWG create the creative brief for the conference which will set out the look and feel of the event.
- Present the event and creative briefs to the IWG UK secretariat providing options for levels of delivery based on financial parameters.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in the project management of events/conferences.
- Proven track record of planning and implementation of events/conferences and creative briefs.
- Experience in managing complex stakeholder relations building rapport and trust.
- Strategic and creative thinking with the ability to enthuse and motivate others to buy into proposed briefs.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written with attention to detail.
- Experience in budget creation and scenario planning.
- A passion for and knowledge of women’s sport is not required but would be an advantage.
Please note: these will be provided to the successful applicant once the position has been approved.
- Original tender documents
- Notes from session held with IWG UK Steering Committee
- Notes from session with IWG Global Executive
- Event brief from 8th IWG World Conference on Women & Sport (2022)
It is intended that the tender process will be a single stage process. Participants are invited to submit a proposal by email by midday (GMT) on 18 September 2023 to:
Responses should include the following required information:
- The intended approach to the scope of requirement above.
- A short summary of your/your organisations experience in major events/conferences.
- A short summary of your/your organisations experience and/or knowledge/understanding of the conference objectives and target audience.
- A summary of the level of resource and numbers of days that will be committed to this project.
- A project timeline with key milestones.
- The project fee – quoted as a fixed project fee including all costs and expenses and a
proposed payment schedule. The maximum fee available for this project is £12,000
including expenses (excluding VAT).
The IWG UK secretariat will carry out an evaluation of all proposals received following the closing date of 18 September 2023. Proposals will be evaluated against several factors,
including but not limited to, experience in delivering similar projects, understanding of the brief, the intended approach and value for money.
The proposed timeline is set out below (all dates subject to change at the discretion of the IWG UK secretariat:
- Invitation to tender issued: 1 September 2023
- Proposals submitted by: Midday (GMT) 18 September 2023
- Interviews 25 & 26 September 2023
- Award of contract: 29 September 2023
- Event Brief Completed: 27 October 2023
- Budget Completed: 30 November 2023
- Creative Brief Completed: 30 November 2023
- Presentation to IWG Secretariat: 5 December 2023
The successful consultant/consultancy will be contracted by the Sport and Recreation Alliance as the host body for the IWG UK secretariat.