Photo: the NZICC is currently under construction, opening in 2020.
The brand new New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC) will be located in the heart of Auckland City, making it one of the most connected convention centres in the world.
Designed collaboratively alongside event industry experts, the NZICC is a vertically stacked, flexible and modern building, creating a hub of innovation and positive exchange integrated into the fabric of a vibrant city. Uniquely positioned to make each event a memorable experience, the NZICC will offer:
- A venue that is designed around giving delegates fast and effortless transitions between meeting, exhibition, pre-function, banquet and performance spaces.
- A glazed facade providing delegates with an inviting and transparent connection to the vibrancy of the city, while allowing views of Auckland’s natural beauty, from the Waitakere Ranges to the Waitemata Harbour.
- Close proximity to Auckland’s innovation ecosystem – universities, business headquarters and innovation hubs – allowing event organisers to tap into New Zealand’s leading knowledge centres.
- An integrated atrium and public laneway encouraging networking and enhancing the delegate experience within a city full of excitement and sophistication, with over 4,500 4+ star hotel rooms, dining precincts, shopping and entertainment all within 10 minutes walking distance.
- Configurable spaces presenting opportunities for a wide range of events with intimate meeting spaces on all levels, pre-function capacity for 2,700 people, convention capacity for 3,150 and one-off events for 4,000.