Last updated 29 June 2021
By accessing and browsing this Site you agree to be bound by these Terms.
These Terms are in effect from 29 June 2021.
All intellectual property on this Site, including without limit, the text, graphics, copyright works and trade marks, is owned by us (or by third-party content suppliers). We are the exclusive owner of all rights in the compilation, design and layout of this Site.
Right to Use Site and Content
You may access, view, reproduce and print the content on this Site, provided you only use that content for informational, non-commercial purposes, and any reproduction includes a prominent acknowledgement of our rights in the relevant content.
We reserve the right to prohibit links to the Site, and you agree to remove or cease any link upon our request. You may not frame any part of the Site material by including advertising or other revenue-generating material.
User Uploaded Content
If you provide or contribute any content or other materials to us and/or to this Site (“User Content”), you agree that we, and anyone authorised by us, can use that User Content in any manner free of any obligation to you. This includes granting us the right to copy, distribute, modify licence and exploit any User Content in perpetuity by means and media now known or developed in the future, without payment or other consideration to you or any other person, including use in advertising and promotion. By posting or uploading any User Content to this Site or providing any User Content to us, you automatically and irrevocably:
- grant and assign to us any and all rights in the User Content throughout the world including without limitation all copyright, and waive all moral rights in the User Content that may be available to you in any part of the world. If any of these rights cannot be assigned to us, you grant us a perpetual royalty-free worldwide licence to any and all rights in the User Content, including without limitation, all copyright, with the right to sublicence;
- appoint us as your agent with power to enter into any document and/or do any act (and you agree to execute any documents) we may reasonably consider appropriate to confirm and enforce the rights granted under these Terms;
- warrant that: (1) you are the owner of the User Content and entitled to enter into these Terms, (2) you have obtained all necessary permissions and licences for any third-party materials necessary for us to exploit the rights granted to us in the User Content; and (3) no User Content will be subject to any obligation, of confidence or otherwise, to you or any other person.
We, at our sole discretion and without notice, reserve the right to refuse to publish or remove User Content for any reason, including (without limitation) if the User Content does not fit with our values. You agree that any User Content that you submit to our Site, will not:
- contain any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful material or information;
- contain information or software protected by intellectual property laws unless owned or controlled by you or used by consent of the owner;
- contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other software or programmes that may cause damage to the computers of other users of the Site; and
- advertise, or offer to sell any goods or services or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters.
The information provided on the Site is for general information only and has not been prepared by taking into account the particular objectives, situation or needs of any individual users. Use of information and material contained on the Site is at your own risk.
You acknowledge that this Site may not always be available or some of the functions on this Site may be temporarily unavailable and that we will not be liable to you in respect of any inability to access or use this Site at any time. Although we have tried to ensure the content on this Site is current, accurate and complete, we do not guarantee that such content will be current, accurate or complete when you access it. We will take action, within a reasonable time, to correct any error or inaccuracy which is brought to our attention.
Third Party Websites and Materials
This Site may contain links to third party websites (Third Party Websites) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (Third Party Content). Third Party Websites and Third Party Content is not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, legality, timeliness, authenticity, reliability, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Websites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site. Links to Third Party Websites and Third Party Content are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with Third Party Websites or Third Party Content this Site links to.
We may use “cookies” to provide you with access to tailored information and services on the Site and to serve you better when you return to it. A cookie is a small data file that the Site sends to your browser, which may then be store on your system for later retrieval by the Site. Cookies track your movements through different websites, and are widely used on websites to help with navigation and to help personalise your experience when you visit a website.
To the extent permitted by law:
- all warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this Site or the content on or accessed through it; and
- we will not be liable for any damage, loss or expenses, or indirect losses or consequential damages of any kind, suffered or incurred by you in connection with your access to or use of this Site or the content on or accessed through it.
If the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or any other local consumer laws apply, you may have rights or remedies which cannot be excluded, modified nor limited by the above. If you are using this Site or its content for business purposes or if you do not otherwise meet the definition of a consumer, the above exclusions and limits will apply, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, your sole and exclusive remedy for any problems with the Site is to cease using it.
You may need to agree to additional terms and conditions for any promotions or competitions which may be available to you from time to time through this Site, prior to being able to obtain or participate in such promotions or competitions. Any such additional terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with these Terms. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any promotion or competition terms and conditions, the relevant promotion or competition terms and conditions will prevail.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
This Site and its content have been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law. These Terms and any matters or disputes connected with this Site will be governed by New Zealand laws and will be dealt with by New Zealand courts, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.
In these Terms, unless the context indicates otherwise, references to any statutory provision are to statutory provisions in force in New Zealand and include any statutory provision which amends or replaces it, and any by law, regulation, order, statutory instrument, determination or subordinate legislation made under it.
We may amend these Terms from time to time, and you should check and read these Terms regularly. If we amend these Terms, we will post the revised version on the Site, with an updated revision date. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will post a prominent notice on our Site.
Security of Information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information. You should never share your secure information, password or identifier with any other person.
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the Site or these Terms, please contact us at:
International Working Group on Women and Sport
c/w Women in Sport Aotearoa (WISPA)
14 Normanby Road
P.O. Box 67088
Mt Eden, Auckland 1024, NEW ZEALAND