The IWG is committed to being a leading advocate for women and girls.
In its Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022, the IWG has pledged to be the voice that:
- Leads positive conversations around gender equity in sport and physical activity
- Advocates increased attention, coverage and investment into women/girls sport
- Showcases and celebrates success of women/girls in sport and physical activity
- Encourages positive gender portrayal in media, social and communications
- Amplifies the messaging through all available communication platforms
- Supports and empowers ambassadors
Here are some examples of the advocacy work currently being undertaken by the IWG:
Leadership from Lockdown
A video leadership series, exploring the challenges and opportunities of ‘Leadership from Lockdown’!
Take a look at our video series Insight Bites – bite sized insights from leaders worldwide as sport and recreation recovers from COVID-19.
The IWG often advocates around the major issues affecting women and girls in sport and physical activity through speaking engagements.